Improve Your Reputation and Results with an Email Validator
Email validation can make the difference between a successful email campaign and an underperforming one. When you make sure your message is reaching valid emails with an email address validator, you’ll see a dramatic rise in open rates, click-throughs, and delivered emails. And it’s an incredibly simple tool to integrate wherever you collect email addresses. Mailgun’s email validation service allows you to send marketing and transactional messages with accuracy and integrity.
Mailgun Goes Beyond RFC Rules
Based on billions of sent emails, Mailgun performs a three-step email validation check for each email address that is verified. This includes a check against the mailbox provider to validate email addresses. RFC spells out the formal rules for email addresses. But in the real world, ESPs sometimes accept addresses that aren’t RFC-valid and reject addresses that are. Mailgun built its validator on both real-world data and RFC specifications to provide more accurate email validation.
Mailgun’s email address validator also factors in custom ESP grammar. All major ESPs have their own custom grammar rules, affecting whether an email address is valid for that mailbox provider. Mailgun integrated custom grammar checks for Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and more into its email validator. The tool also adds custom grammar checks once new rules are discovered.
Mailgun’s Validation Process Offers Advantages
Here are some of the benefits of Mailgun’s validation process:
- Your organization gains a strong sender score with top ISPs, so your IP addresses and domain names have a positive reputation. One study showed that sender reputation led to nearly 75% of all email delivery problems.
- Your first 10,000 emails and 100 validations are free every month.
- Your web forms catch errors and bad addresses before they cause a delivery problem. Email list cleaning is done from the start when you integrate Mailgun’s API-driven email verification service into signup forms.
- Your bounce rate goes down thanks to the removal of spelling mistakes, temporary addresses, and disposable emails.
Advanced Features of Mailgun’s Email Validation
Mailgun validates more than 200 million email addresses each month. Our intelligent email validation API includes the following useful features as part of our email validation service:
- Mailbox Verification. For supported mailbox providers, Mailgun checks whether a mailbox exists on the target domain. This safeguard can also detect typos.
- Role-Based Address Check. For all validation requests, Mailgun designates whether an email address is a “role-based address” like admin@ or sales@. These are often distribution lists that can result in a high spam complaint rate and are best kept off your mailing list.
- Disposable Mailbox Detection. Disposable mailboxes are commonly used to commit fraud. Mailgun’s verification process can tell whether the email address is on a known disposable mailbox provider. You then can take action based on your own risk assessments.
- Reporting Dashboard. You can track your usage of the validation API by day and hour within the Mailgun Control Panel. Find specific information on the number of valid and invalid email addresses along with the types of API calls that have been done.
- Rate Limiting of Validation API Key. Rate limits on the validation API key can be put in place to manage costs and prevent abuse.
Try Mailgun’s Email Address Validation
For the best delivery of your messages, using an email verification tool is critical. Without one, your email marketing campaigns are prone to see some delivery failures and your sender reputation is at stake. In some cases, companies that use an email validator have decreased bounce rates by 75 percent and increased open rates by 20 percent.
Sign up for Mailgun’s email validation service today so you can avoid common delivery pitfalls, improve your bounce rates and open rates, and keep your email lists clean.
Need more validations each month?
Check out our plans and flexible pricing options.
Explore Beyond Email Validation
Mailgun has a variety of features to make sure you have good email addresses and well-received emails.