Maximize deliverability with comprehensive verification
Mailgun performs a three-step validation check for each address we verify, including a check against the mailbox provider to determine if the address is valid.
Validation based on billions of sent emails
RFC states the formal rules for email addresses. However, in the real world ESPs accept addresses that are not RFC-valid, and reject addresses that are.
When we built our validator, we did based on real-world data + RFC spec to ensure more accurate validation.
Custom ESP grammar
All major ESPs have their own set up custom grammar that impact whether an email address is valid in the real world.
We’ve integrated custom grammar checks for Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo into our email validator and are always adding more custom grammar checks as we discover these rules.
“Did you mean gmail.com?” and other suggestions
- Deliverability and recipient engagement management
- IP allocation management
- Managed IP warmup
- Reputation monitoring & consulting
- Sending infrastructure consulting
- Email tracking and testing consulting
- Custom reverse DNS on all your IPs
- Dedicated IP subnets with bursting to high quality shared IPs